- Meet regularly with your advisor to make sure you are on track to graduate.
- Visit the experts at your college’s Career Services office to plan for your future.
- Polish your resume.
- Attend a live or virtual career fair.
- Attend a live or virtual graduate school fair.
- Line up letters of recommendation from your favorite professors.
- Practice your interview skills by preparing examples of how you have solved problems or learned from a failure. Make sure you’re ready to share accomplishments and career goals, too.
- Make a list of friends, neighbors, faculty and alumni who can help you explore job opportunities and reach out to them.
- Set up and keep updating an effective LinkedIn account, sharing your skills, interests, employment history and actual work, such as class projects, videos or blog posts.
CALLING ALL 21ST CENTURY SCHOLARS!
If you’ll soon graduate as a 21st Century Scholar, make it a point to learn more about how to stay engaged with the program. Alumni can stay engaged by giving back to the program as a mentor, participating in networking opportunities, and donating to the program financially.
You’re eligible to join if you fulfilled the program requirements and earned a postsecondary degree or certificate.
Sign up at: scholars.in.gov/alumni